The Model SC-300R is an in-depth exploration of the electronic components included with the SC-300 Snap Circuits®. Ideal for use in homeschooling, middle schools and high schools, where students will grasp the basic principles of electronics.
The Model SC-300R is an in-depth exploration of the electronic components included with the SC-300 Snap Circuits Classic. Ideal for use in homeschooling, elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools, where students will grasp the basic principles of electronics.
Explains basic electricity & electronics including batteries, switches, resistors, capacitors, transistors, integrated circuits, motors, LEDs, incandescent lamps, amplifiers, speakers, microphones, radio components, and more!
The included Student Guide is an organized lesson in electronics, which references many of the Snap Circuits® projects as examples for a better understanding of the concepts presented, so kids can Learn by Doing! The Student Guide has 73 full-color pages including explanations and quick quizzes.
The included Teacher Guide has information to help you prepare your lesson plans with the Student Guide, along with quizzes to test students’ knowledge of each section. The Teacher Guide is meant to prepare educators for a proper introduction to Snap Circuits® and guide them through each chapter and the concepts presented.
Requires four (4) "AA" batteries (Not included)
- Grasp the basic principles of electronics and explore the electronic components in the SC-300.
- Contains Over 60 Snap-Together Parts, Build Over 300 Exciting Projects Includes the same Snap Circuits® components and two project books of the SC-300. Plus, the Student Guide (#753289), Teacher Guide (#753290), and Custom Storage Case (SNAPCASE7)
- Each SC-300R comes with a lightweight, durable case with custom foam inserts to store all Snap Circuits® parts. With labeled, protective slots for all main components, it is easy to identify if any components have not been returned to the case.
- Topics Covered:
- Basic Components & Circuits - Introduces electricity, types of circuits, and circuit-building.
- Motors & Electricity - Learn how electricity and magnetism are used in motors and generators, about the electricity that runs your home, and about lightning.
- Resistance - Learn how resistors are used to limit and control the flow of electricity. Learn the basic rules for understanding circuits and an introduction to digital electronics.
- Capacitors - Learn about the different types of capacitors, how they store electric charge, and how they are used in circuits.
- Transistors - Learn how transistors work and how they are used in many types of circuits.
- Oscillators and Electronic Sound - Learn how electricity makes sound. Learn about oscillator circuits and build some, too.
- Integrated circuits - Learn about the integrated circuit modules included in Snap Circuits® and what is inside them.
- Electromagnetism and Radio - Learn how antennas are used to send radio signals through the air, how modulation is used to encode information, and about transformers. Build radio circuits to demonstrate these concepts.
Elenco's Snap Circuits® makes learning electronics easy and fun! Just follow the colorful pictures in our manual and build exciting projects such as FM radios, digital voice, recorders, AM radios, burglar alarms, doorbells, and much more! You can even play electronic games with your friends. All parts are mounted on plastic modules and snap together with ease. Enjoy hours of educational fun while learning about electronics. Snap Circuits® are endorsed by educators worldwide and used in schools, libraries, museums, STEM programs and at home. The Circuit Safe® patented safety device unique to Snap Circuits® branded products makes learning circuitry safe. No tools required. Uses "AA" batteries, unless otherwise indicated. Snap Circuits® products have won many awards, including Toy of the Year (TOTY), ASTRA'S Best Toys for Kids, Parent's Choice Recommended, Good Housekeeping's Best Toy, Family Choice, National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA Gold), Children's Choice, Dr. Toy (100 Best Children's Products, 10 best Educational Products, Green Toy Company), The inaugural Seriously STEM award & KAPi Award.