The LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Prime Set is the go-to STEAM learning tool for grade 6-8 students. Combining colorful LEGO building elements, easy-to-use hardware, and an intuitive drag-and-drop coding language based on Scratch, SPIKE Prime continuously engages students through playful learning activities to think critically and solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level. From easy-entry projects to limitless creative design possibilities, SPIKE Prime helps students learn the essential STEAM and 21st century skills needed to become the innovative minds of tomorrow... while having fun!
SPIKE Prime engages students through playful learning to think critically and solve complex problems, regardless of their learning level - while having fun.
The set includes over 500 appealing LEGO Technic elements in a fresh color palette. Included are new, never seen before, LEGO elements!
- The new 3x3 frame is a great spacing element and allow for easy change in the direction of the build
- The new 2x4 brick has a cross axle hole that lets you connect Technic and LEGO System elements for more fun and creative builds, opening up access to your entire LEGO collection
- A new base plate to provide an excellent prototyping surface, offered for the first time in Technic
- New frames so you can start building right away and build bigger models in no time
- New wheels for easy mount with motor, precise turns and improved maneuverability
- New wire clips in an assortment of colors to help keep wires in check
The programable Hub features:
- · 5x5 light matrix
- · 6 input/output ports
- · Integrated 6-axis gyro
- · Speaker
- · Bluetooth connectivity
- · Rechargeable battery
SPIKE Prime also brings this creative spirit outside the classroom!
SPIKE Prime brings STEAM creativity and engagement into afterschool programs, robotics clubs, coding programs and maker spaces.
For robotics competitions such as FIRST® LEGO® League and World Robot Olympiad, the SPIKE Prime Expansion Set and Competition Ready unit help empower students and teachers who are new to robotics and in need of more formalized training.
The final lesson of the competition unit has direct ties to the annual FIRST LEGO League Robot Game, making this the ideal start of the exciting competitions journey in or out of the classroom.
Item #: 45678
Dimensions: 42 x 31 x 16 cm; 1.97 Kilograms